Thursday, April 14, 2011

Age Chart

I'll take a break from the reviews for a minute to discuss this chart I've made.  The X-axis represents the years from 1986-2008 (Cage at 22 - 44) and the Y-axis represents the age of Cage's romantic interest in different movies.  Anyone above the red line is older than Cage, and anyone below is younger.  Each vertical square represents 2 years of age difference.  The number next to each actress' name is the age difference between her and Cage.  I'll be adding to the chart as I see more movies, but these are the ones that I am currently aware of.  As you can see, except for a few outliers, his female co-stars started out much older than him, but he quickly decided "fuck that!" and they started getting younger and younger until now, where they are at an all time low.

It's worth noting that this trend is fairly consistent in his real life.  His first two wives, Patricia Arquette and Lisa-Marie Presley, are both only 4 years younger than Cage.  His current wife, Alice Kim Cage, is 20 years his junior.  Of course, in real life, Nick Cage is rich and famous, so it makes some sense.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't watched these all recently... most of them I will be watching/re-watching for this blog. Also, some of them, I haven't seen, but the romance was obvious from the poster or plot synopsis, so I included them.

    ReplyDelete